We Love Shopping Local For The Holidays (And Why You Should TOO!)
Fall brought a lot of BIG changes for us at The Bump and Beyond! We are in an amazing NEW space located next to the Target Shopping Center off of New Centre Drive. We are so excited for what this Holiday Season will bring we couldn’t wait to share with you all of plans for these next 4 weeks. As we have in the past, we are participating in Small Business Saturday on November 25th.
Shopping Local for the Holidays is one time when your local purchases can really have an impact.
“An estimated 69 percent of Americans — about 164 million people — plan to shop during Thanksgiving weekend, according to NRF’s annual survey conducted by Prosper Insights & Analytics. The numbers include Cyber Monday in addition to Thanksgiving Day, Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and Sunday.”
Shopping locally is especially relevant at time of year when you can make your time and your money matter. The Bump and Beyond has a lot to offer this year on your holiday lists!
What is does it mean to shop local, for our business and you?
- According to Civic Economics in the Andersonville Study of Retail Economics; Every $100 you spend at a locally owned businesses, $68 will stay in the community. What happens when you spend that same $100 at a national chain? Only $43 stays in the community.
- You are supporting a business owned and operated by moms in your own community. The Bump and Beyond provides their employees the unique opportunity of combining the roles of being working moms. You will often find a mom like yourself willing to help you find the right nursing bra or carrier or checking out your purchases behind the counter with a babe on her hip or in her lap!
- Investing back into our local economy by supporting creative entrepreneurship. Lining up where you spend your dollars with our values is most important this time of year. Your dollar is stretched and the community is strengthened. It’s a win/win.
- Every product in our store has been used and tested by us, as parents’ ourselves. We have tried them all! We stock what works, what lasts and source products that make a difference themselves. A lot of our products are even made by family owned businesses using the best, safest and most natural ingredients for your family.
- When you buy from The Bump and Beyond, we take the time to walk you through your purchases, answering questions, offering experience or advice on what works or our favorite products, fitting you for the right carrier, sharing a hug or a hand out for a local class or support group.
- Furthermore, we are passionate about what we sell and will go above and beyond to fit our customer’s needs. We carry a wide range of products that you can’t find any where else.
- In addition to all of the above, our store and our employees are committed to supporting local where possible. Our website hosting, graphic designers, photographers, and screen printing are all sourced locally!
“We source our products carefully and try to stock unique gifts for the holiday season. We are passionate about our products and our customers”