Postpartum Doula Services
Feel Supported and Nurtured
What Is A Postpartum Doula?
A postpartum doula is there to help a new family in those first days and weeks after bringing home a new baby.
A postpartum doula provides evidenced based information on;
- infant feeding
- emotional and physical recovery from birth
- parent–baby bonding
- infant soothing
- basic newborn care
Research shows that moms, dads and babies have an easier time with this transition, feeling more confident in their new roles. Whether you are welcoming your first baby or your 4th, each baby comes with their own individual needs and changes in the family dynamic.
What Type Of Services Does A Postpartum Doula Provide?
The postpartum doula offers many services to her clients, but her main goals are to help “mother the mother” and nurture the entire family as they transition into life with a newborn.
Our Port City Postpartum Doula works with each family individually to find out their particular needs.
Some of the duties that a postpartum doula will perform include:
- One, in home prenatal meeting with your postpartum Doula
- Infant feeding support
- Promoting parent and baby bonding
- Help with the emotional and physical recovery after birth
- NICU transition support
- Light housekeeping so that mom does not feel so overwhelmed
- Running errands
- Assistance with newborn care such as diapering, bathing, feeding and comforting
- Light meal preparation
- Baby soothing techniques
- Sibling care
- Referrals to local resources such as parenting classes, pediatricians, lactation support and support groups
Our Port City Postpartum Doulas provide support and service for a family anywhere from a few days to a few weeks after bringing home a new baby.
We also recognize and support that not all families are created through pregnancy and birth. We welcome families of surrogacy and adoption, as well as LGBTQ families. We are ready to meet you where you are and support your individual needs and goals.
Every New Mama Deserves A Postpartum Doula
Postpartum Doula Packages
Book directly through our website and have a doula at your door!
First Weeks Postpartum Package
- Two weeks of in-home care
- 3 days each week (minimum 4 hour daytime shifts)
- Compassionate support during the first weeks home with baby or to help with a time of transition
This is used anytime in the first 6 weeks following birth.
This package helps you welcome your newborn home with a little extra support during the early days with your baby. Your Doula can help get you and your entire family settled into your new roles; cook nutritious, healthy meals or help you meal plan and prep snacks; teach you and your partner infant soothing techniques and answer baby care questions. Also providing you with a chance to recover with a nap or a soak in the tub and build your confidence as new parents.
Welcome Home Postpartum Package
- Four weeks of care
- Three days (12 hours) each week
- A wonderful option for all new families. Let an experienced and sympathetic person be available for assistance with baby care, breastfeeding, and life as a new mother.
This package will ensure you’re off to a great start with breastfeeding, bonding and recovery. The flexibility of day or night doula support allows us to respond to your needs with efficiency and consistency.
The Welcome Home package also offers the same confidence building that our First Weeks Package offers and while also helping to maximize your sleep.
Fourth Trimester Package –Best Value
- Six weeks of care
- Three days each week (12 hours a week for 6 weeks)
- Navigate the newborn period with peace of mind and confidence, trusting that your doula is there to nurture and guide you on your way.
This is a wonderful option for parents who want dedicated, expert help after welcoming a new baby into their family.
Your doula team will help ease the transition home by assisting you in setting up routines that will make day-to-day life a little easier, or they can provide you with a regular break for naps and time for yourself. This package is also a favorite among our second-time parents, who want to get as much sleep as possible during the nights allowing them to be present for their older children during the day
Hourly Rate: Send the next available doula!
- 3 hour shift minimum
- Light Housekeeping
- Infant Care Information
Postpartum Doula Hourly Rate – $35/hr
Meet The Doulas!
Meet the doulas at The Bump and Beyond with our free support groups and circles</p> <p>
Meet the doulas at The Bump and Beyond with our free support groups and circles. Always facilitated by a practicing local doula!
- Birth Circle hosted by Cape Fear Area Doulas
- Expecting Mamas Circle
- Free Early Pregnancy Mini Class (ideal before 15 weeks)
- Meet The Doulas Seasonal Event
Find these listings and more here.