Labor and Birth Prep 101
Know your options and build confidence to birth with ease.
This 8 hour evidence based workshop is perfect for expecting parents to build confidence and coping skills for Labor and Birth.
This weekend schedule is offered over 2 days with each class lasting about 4 hours with short breaks.
Over the course of the weekend dates we will cover a variety of topics to support you and your partner with informational, emotional and physical support tips around Labor + Birth and the Immediate Postpartum period.
Allowing you the space to ask questions, use hands on practice and explore the process of labor and birth in a group setting.
Our goal is that you walk away from class feeling confident about your choices and having the tools to navigate the joyous and sometimes unpredictable nature of the birth process.
- Relaxation Techniques for Labor, Birth and Postpartum
- Making Informed Decisions in Labor
- Anatomy of Pregnancy Overview
- Is Professional Labor Support for you?
- Timing a contraction
- The Process of Labor + Birth and the 4 P’s
- Transitioning to your birth site
- What to bring to the hospital
- Coping through the stages of labor
- Positions for pushing
- Cesarean Section + VBAC Support
- What to expect in the immediate postpartum
- Best start to breastfeeding
- Planning a peaceful postpartum
The course is $225 per couple and will include handouts + pregnancy journal and a hospital tour with one of the instructors. Partners and support people are welcome!