Dou·la – a woman who is trained to assist another woman during childbirth and who may provide support to the family after the baby is born.
Welcoming a new baby is an exciting, and sometimes can be an overwhelming time in your lives.
Port City Doulas understands this and we are here to offer you and your family support!
From the moment you become a client with a Port City Birth Doula, your well-matched, experienced doula team goes on-call for you, providing unbiased, continual support and reassurance until after you birth.
Each Port City Doula works closely with a backup doula who you will meet and get to know during your prenatal period to ensure continuity in care.
While no two doula-client relationships are the same and each of our Doulas come with their own experiences and unique skills, all Birth Doula clients will receive:
- Access to a monthly Expecting Mama Circle with rotating topics surrounding labor and birth, facilitated by a practicing Doula
- A private, in-home meeting with your primary doula team at or before 36 weeks
- Unlimited phone and email support during your care with PCD
- Continuous in-person support during your labor and birth
- Support immediately following birth
- An in-person check-in from your doula within 24 hours of birth
- A phone call from our Lactation team within the first few days of birth; ensuring feeding is off to good start or to make a plan for additional support, as needed
- An in-person postpartum follow-up visit with your birth doula in your home
- A phone call with one of our postpartum doulas to answer any newborn or recovery related questions or to line up additional services with postpartum doula support.
MEET THE DOULAS
"If a doula were a drug it would be unethical not to use it." Klause
We would be thrilled to work with you. Each of our Doulas is a trained and experienced Birth Doula working in the Port City.
By providing our community with a continuous model of care, through classes, information sharing and one to one support, we hope to ease the transition into parenthood with less stress and more joy with our clients feeling supported every step of the way.
This is a one hour consultation with any one of our Port City Doulas and will provide you the opportunity to get to know us. This hour is just for you and your partner to get your questions and concerns answered and to chat with our doulas about what sets us apart from everyone else! This is the your first step in hiring us as your doula!!
We look forward to working with you! xoxo PCD